Atkins 40® is a low-carb, ketogenic diet plan the emphasizes portion control at a baseline of 40 grams of net carbs per day (net carbs = total carbs minus fiber and sugar alcohols). Patients can enjoy a variety of foods that they can choose from, from protein and veggies to pasta and potatoes. There is an immense list of food choices to plan meals patients can choose from, all while following a ketogenic meal plan to promote weight loss.
Your patients can expect to experience the following:
- Purposeful portion control: Patients begin by eating 40 grams of net carbs per day. They’ll also consume three 4-6-oz servings of protein and two to four servings of fat per day.
- Flexible carb choices: Daily carb intake can come from all food groups.
- A slow, steady and satisfying path to wellness: Eating three meals and two snacks per day, patients gradually liberalize cab intake by 10 grams of net carbs/week until goal weight maintenance is achieved.
Atkins 40® may be best for patients who:
- Wish to lose less than 40 pounds
- Need a wider variety of food choices
- Are breastfeeding with the goal of losing weight
Download the Atkins Eating Personality Guide to determine which Atkins plan is right for your patient.